Terms & Conditions
Website terms and conditions: goods to consumers, payment online
These terms and conditions regulate the business relationship between you and us. By using Our Website or buying from us, you agree to be bound by them.
No person under the age of 18 years may purchase Goods. If you are under 18, please confer with an adult to make your purchase.
We are: Videopro
Our address is: 37 Eagleview Place, Eagle Farm, QLD 4009
You are a visitor to our website / our customer
The terms and conditions:
- "Carrier" means any person or business contracted to carry Goods from us to you, whether all or part of the distance.
- "Consumer" means any person or enterprise who is taken to have acquired goods or services from Videopro.
- "Our Website" means the entire computing hardware and software installation that is or supports Our Website.
- "Goods" means any of the Goods we offer for sale on Our Website.
- "Content" means any material in any form published on our website by us or any third party with our consent.
- "Material" means Content of any sort posted by you on Our Website.
2. Our contract with you
These terms and conditions apply:
- So far as the context allows, you, as a visitor to Our Website; and
- In any event to you as a buyer or prospective buyer of our Goods.
- We shall accept your order by email confirmation. That is when our contract is made. Our message will also confirm details of your purchase and tell you when we shall despatch your order.
- We may change these terms from time to time. The terms that apply to you are posted here on Our Website when you order Goods.
- Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that the Goods advertised on Our Website are available.
- We will offer you alternatives if we do not have all the Goods you order in stock. If this happens, you may 1) accept the alternatives we offer or 2) cancel all or part of your order.
- If in future, you buy Goods from us under any arrangement which does not involve your payment via Our Website, these terms still apply.
- Suppose we owe you money on account of your cancellation. In that case, we will credit your credit or debit card as soon as reasonably practicable, but in any event, no later than  days from the date of cancellation of your order.
3. Your account with us
- You agree that you have provided and will continue to provide accurate, up-to-date, and complete information about yourself. We need this information to provide you with the Goods.
- If you use the website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and preventing any unauthorised person from using your computer.
- You agree to accept responsibility for all activities under your account or password. You should tell us immediately if you believe someone has accessed your account without your authority and log in to your account and change your password.
- We reserve the right to refuse you access to Our Website.
4. Price and Payment
- We are an Australian retailer/reseller and deal in AUD. All price listings are in Australian Dollars.
- We endeavour to keep our website and catalogue prices updated and accurate, but the price may have increased from that published. If that happens, we will not send your order until you have confirmed that you wish to order at the new price.
- We will bear banking charges by the receiving bank on payments to us. All other charges relating to payment in a currency other than Australian Dollars will be paid by you.
- Any information about exchange rates is approximate only and may vary from time to time.
- Prices include Australian goods and service tax. If you show by your delivery address that you reside outside of Australia, we will refund you the amount charged as GST.
5. Gift Cards
- Please treat Videopro Gift Cards as cash; they cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- Videopro Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Videopro Gift Cards cannot be used to buy another gift card.
- The funds available will be verified on request or at the time of purchase at any Videopro register.
- No change is given, and any balance on the Videopro Gift Card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases in Videopro stores.
- Videopro Gift Cards expire 36 months after issue.
- It is the cardholder's responsibility to use the card's total value before the expiry date.
- Any balance that remains on the Videopro Gift Card after expiry will not be available for use.
- Videopro Gift Cards can be credited with a minimum of $25 and a maximum of $1,000.
- Where items are 'in stock', orders are despatched from our Brisbane warehouse within 24 hours of receipt of your order (excluding weekends); however, a delay may occur when we need to source brand new products from our retail stores. When an item is 'available to purchase' and not in stock, the item is ordered within 24 hours of receipt of your order, and delivery of the item can vary depending on manufacturer availability. We will maintain regular contact with you to confirm availability and the expected delivery schedule.
- Deliveries will be made by post / a carrier instructed by us to the address stipulated in your order. You must ensure that someone is present to accept delivery.
- While drivers will make all reasonable attempts to lift freight, there may be varying circumstances from driver to driver, and some may not be able to legally carry a heavy box unassisted. Deliveries over 40kg may require receiver assistance to move freight with the aid of the delivery driver. If you cannot assist, when needed, where possible and expressly advised before despatch, we can attempt to negotiate an additional driver with the freight company; however, this is not guaranteed and may come at further expense to the customer.
- We may deliver the Goods in instalments if they are not all available at the same time for delivery.
- Goods are sent at our risk until signed for by you or any other person at the address you have given us.
- Goods are sent by post / a carrier. We will send you an email to tell you when we have dispatched your order.
7. Cancellation of an order
- You may cancel your order any time before we have despatched your goods or up to 7 business days from the date you receive your order.
- If you cancel your order before despatch, we will refund you the total price of the order, including shipping costs, within two business days of cancellation. Refunds will be processed using the same payment method as your original order unless otherwise agreed.
- If you cancel after we have despatched the goods, the refund amount will be for the price of the goods only.
- If you cancel your order after we have despatched the goods, you must return them to us within seven days of receipt.
- Goods must be returned in original condition.
- You are responsible for the cost of returning the goods.
- Refunds for returned goods will be processed within two business days of receipt back into Videopro.
- Please note that these terms and conditions do not affect your rights if the goods are faulty.
8. Warranty Protocol
- The standard warranty protocol for any product purchased from Videopro is as follows:
- The faulty item may be required to be assessed by an authorised repair agent to determine the nature of the product fault.
- Videopro reserves the right to test and confirm the reported fault before issuing a refund or replacement.
- An authorised repair agent will determine the extent of the fault.
- Please contact us for assistance with any warranty claim if a fault occurs outside the manufacturer warranty period.
- If you have any questions about the coverage of your item, or if you experience a fault, please call Videopro on 1300 VIDEOPRO (1300 843 367); alternatively, you may contact the Vendor directly.
9. Total Care Package
1. All goods sold by Videopro come with guarantees under Australian Consumer Law (ACL). You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality, and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
2. This Automatic Consumer Guarantee has no time limit. Depending on the price and nature of your item, the Automatic Consumer Guarantee may be applicable after the original Manufacturer's Warranty has expired.
3. In consideration of the payment of the Total Care Package fee, the Vendor agrees, subject to the terms & conditions contained herein, to extend the manufacturer's warranty for a period as stated in this document.
4. This Total Care Package shall:
(a) expire at the end of the term as stated in the description of the warranty code/s as detailed in this document.
(b) have its term begin from the date of this document.
(c) maintain your rights under the ACL, which exist independently of the Videopro Total Care Package, and you are not required to pay for them. The Videopro 5-Year Total Care Package provides additional benefits to Your ACL rights; however, some benefits may overlap with your ACL rights. Sometimes, the Videopro Total Care Package may not exceed your rights under the ACL.
(d) For full Terms and Conditions, please download the Total Care Package Booklet.
9.1 Claims procedure
- In the event of a claim, the purchaser must, within fourteen days of the fault arising, contact Videopro on 1300 VIDEOPRO (1300 843 367) advising us of the fault.
- The purchaser must quote the warranty number when notifying the Service Centre of the claim.
NOTE: No requests will be conceived unless the above procedure is adhered to.
9.2 Exclusions - This Total Care Package does not cover:
1. Any part or circumstance not covered by the original manufacturer's warranty.
2. Any loss or damage caused by the accident, misuse, neglect, operator error, or fair wear & tear.
3. Any consumable part, including but not limited to batteries, elements, lamps and belts.
4. Residual Image: If misused, your Plasma/LCD or Rear Projection CTV may suffer from 'Residual Image'. Residual Image may result after an image remains on-screen permanently or for an extended period. To reduce the chance of Residual Image, do not display a still or bright image for an extended period on any visual display device. Examples of how Residual Images may occur:
(a) a program is displaying a bright channel logo for an extended period.
(b) still, images constantly display video images which do not fill the entire screen (i.e., an image displayed in aspect ratios more minor than the full-screen size - 4:3, 2:35: 1 etc.).
5. Any peripheral supplied with a gaming console (including controllers)
10. Your email address
- An external company may contact you via email requesting feedback on the product you have purchased. You are under no obligation to respond and will only ever be reached once per order.
- You represent that any username or email address selected by you, when used alone or combined with a second or third-level domain name, does not interfere with the rights of any third party and has not been selected for any unlawful purpose.
- You acknowledge and agree that if we believe such selection does interfere with the rights of any third party or is being selected for any unlawful purpose, we may immediately suspend the use of such name or email address. You will indemnify us for any claim or demand arising from your selection.
- You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable to you if we are ordered or required by a court or judicial authority to desist from using or permitting a particular domain name as part of a name or email address.
11. Your Material
- If you post any Material on Our Website, you warrant that you own the copyright in it and accept all risk and responsibility for it. You grant us the right to edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate, and otherwise use it in any medium and for any purpose.
- You agree that if you post any Material on Our Website, in doing so, you grant to us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free right in perpetuity to use that material in any way whatever, throughout the World in any medium. You agree to waive your right to be identified as the author and your right to object to derogatory treatment of your material.
- You agree to perform all further acts necessary to perfect any of the above rights granted by you to us, including the execution of deeds and documents, at our request.
- You represent and warrant that: a) you own the rights to all the material you post, and b) any fact stated in your material is accurate.
12. Foreign taxes, duties and import restrictions
- If you are not in Australia, we do not know and have no responsibility for the laws in your country.
- You are responsible for purchasing Goods which you are lawfully able to import and for the payment of import duties and taxes of any kind levied in your country.
13. Content and Intellectual Property Rights
- We will defend the intellectual property rights in connection with our Goods and Our Website, including copyright in the Content whether provided by us or by any other content provider (including copyright in the text, graphics, logos, icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data, and software).
- We also claim copyright in the designs and compilation of all Content on Our Website. Title, ownership rights, and shall remain the sole property of the other content provider and us. We will vigorously protect those rights in all countries.
- Except as set out below, you may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, transfer or sell, reproduce, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, display, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part.
- You may not use our name or logos or trade marks or any other Content on any website of yours or that of any other person.
- Subject to the other terms, you may download or copy Content only for your personal use, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices. You may not store electronically any significant portion of any Content.
14. System Security
- We will do our best to maintain Our Website so that you have constant use, but there will be times when your service may be interrupted.
- You agree that you will not and will not allow any other person to violate or attempt to violate any aspect of the security of Our Website.
- You may not use any software tool to extract data from our website.
- You understand that any such violation is unlawful in many jurisdictions and that any contravention of law may result in criminal prosecution.
15. Acceptable use Policy
1. As a condition of your use of Our Website, you agree to comply with these provisions:
2. You will not use or allow anyone else to use the Web Site to post or otherwise publish:
(a) copyright works;
(b) commercial audio, video or music files;
(c) any Material which violates the law of any established jurisdiction;
(d) unlicensed software;
(e) the software which assists in or promotes: emulators, phishing, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing;
(f) links to any of the material specified in this paragraph;
(g) pornographic material;
(h) any material promotes discrimination or hatred toward any person based on gender, race or colour.
3. You will not use the Services for spamming. Spamming includes, but is not limited to:
(a) The bulk sending of unsolicited messages, or the sending of unsolicited emails which provoke complaints from recipients;
(b) The sending of junk mail;
(c) The use of distribution lists that include people who have not given specific permission to be included in such distribution process;
(d) Excessive and repeated posting of off-topic messages to newsgroups;
(e) Excessive and repeated cross-posting;
(f) Email harassment of another Internet user, including but not limited to transmitting any threatening, libellous or obscene material, or material of any nature which could be deemed to be offensive;
(g) The emailing of age-inappropriate communications or Content to anyone under 18.
- You agree to indemnify us against any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising in any way out of your use of Our Website, you're posting any Material, or the infringement by you, or by any other person using your computer, of any intellectual property or other rights of any person.
1. our Content suppliers, or we may make improvements or changes to Our Website, the Content, or any of the Goods, at any time and without advance notice.
2. You are advised that Content may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. This is inevitable in any large website. We would be grateful if you bring to our immediate attention any that you find.
3. We give no warranty and make no representation, express or implied, as to:
(a) the adequacy or appropriateness of the Goods for your purpose;
(b) the truth of any Content on Our Website published by someone other than us;
(c) any implied warranty or condition as to merchantability or fitness of the Goods for a purpose other than that for which the Goods are commonly used;
(d) compatibility of Our Website with your equipment, software or telecommunications connection.
4. Our Website contains links to other Internet websites outside our power and control. You acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable for the content of any such linked website, nor any loss or damage arising from your use.
5. We are not liable in any circumstances for special, indirect or consequential loss or any damages whatsoever resulting from the failure of use, loss of data or loss of revenues or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or otherwise, arising out of or in connection with your use of Our Website or the purchase of Goods.
6. In any event, including the event that any term or condition or obligation on our part ("Implied Term") is implied into these conditions by law, then our liability is limited to the maximum extent permitted by law, to the value of the goods or services you have purchased.
7. The above two sub paragraphs do not apply to a claim for personal injury.
18. Miscellaneous provisions
- When we communicate with you, we do so by email. You agree that email communications are contractually binding in the same way as properly signed and dated paper sent by post.
- Where we provide goods or services without a specific charge to you, it (or they) is deemed free of charge and not to be associated with any other goods or service for which a payment is made. Accordingly, we have no contractual or other obligation regarding those goods or services.
- Nothing in this Agreement or on Our Website shall confer any benefit or obligation to any third party.
- We endeavour to ensure all prices and information are accurate on the website but occasionally, genuine mistakes are made. If pricing or information is incorrectly featured, we reserve the right to cancel the order at any stage.
- Suppose any of these terms is held by any jurisdiction at any time to be void, invalid or unenforceable. In that case, it shall be treated as changed or reduced, only to the extent minimally necessary to bring it within the laws of that jurisdiction and to prevent it from being void, and it shall be binding in that changed or reduced form. Subject to that, each provision shall be interpreted as severable and shall not affect any of these terms.
- No waiver by us in exercising any right, power or provision in this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of any other right or of that same right at a future time; nor shall any delay in exercise of any power or right be interpreted as a waiver.
- Suppose a dispute arises from or in connection with these terms or any contract between you and us. In that case, you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in the mediation process before commencing arbitration or litigation.
- We are not liable for any breach of our obligations resulting from causes beyond our reasonable control, including strikes of our employees.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and construed following the law of Australia. The United Nations Convention on Contracts shall not govern this Agreement for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded as a result.